Solver Setting - Vents
|SS Only||Dynamic Mode Only|
|FS_Solver||ProBal||Dynamic||Method||Scenario||Spills||Vents||SS Monitor||SS Finder||Convergence||GlobalTear||Tears||TearTags||Tolerances||Analysis||Changes|
Available from Build 139.32299. For dynamic simulation only.
The Vents and its associated optional tab pages provide information related to Gas Venting (currently only applies to the Tank unit model with no Vent stream connected, resulting in gas venting as a mass loss).
The following tab pages maybe visible based on user selections:
- QVent: visible when WithStream is enabled. This and subsequent tab pages, (QVent & Sp), shows the properties of the combined gas vent stream in the current step. (Flow variables are shown as per unit time)
- Vented: visible when WithContent is enabled. This and subsequent tab pages, (Vented & Sp), shows the properties of the vented container containing the total amount of material vented.
- The vented counter and material in the Vented container can accumulate over multiple simulation runs. The vented information can be cleared by pressing "Reset Vents" or by selecting any of the following Start Options: process, empty or preset.
- The Nodes (unit) with Vents table is for display on screen only, it is built during solve, it is not saved with project save thus it cannot be recovered on project load.
- Direct links are created for spills automatically; user can switch on the graphics display for the direct links via Graphics Window - Shift + Left Click on the graphics symbol.
- Vents on this page currently only include: tanks with no actual vent stream connected, thus venting gas as a mass loss.
|Tag (Long/Short)||Input / Calc||Description|
|TotalMass / Mt||Display||Total mass accumulated in the Vented container. (Total since last Vents reset, see Note 1 above)|
|Steps||Display||Counter for steps taken so far (Since last vents reset, see Note 1 above)|
|Steps.Loss||Display||Counter for steps taken so far with venting occurring. (Total since last vents reset, see Note 1 above)|
|Occurred||Display||Returns the venting status for the simulation run. If venting occurred at any time, this would return (1) for vent occurred.|
|Current Step Vents|
|MassFlow / Qm||Display||The combined vents for the current step.|
|Count||Display||The number of units with Venting in the current step.|
|Occurring||Display||Returns the venting status for the current step. If venting is occurring at the current step, this would return (1) for Currently venting.|
|Reset||Reset Vents Button||Resets all vent information to 0.|
|WithStream||Tickbox||Adds QVent tab if checked. This and subsequent tab pages, (QVent and Sp), shows the properties of the combined vent stream(s) in the current step. (Flow variables are shown per unit time)|
|WithContent||Tickbox||Adds Vented tab if checked. This and subsequent tab pages, (Vented and Sp), shows the properties of the vented container containing the total amount of material vented. (Total since last Vents reset, see Note 1 above)|
|CollectAreas||Tickbox||Adds summary table for "Vents by Area" when checked.|
|CollectNodes||Tickbox||Adds summary table for "Nodes (Units) with Vents" when checked.|
|Vents by Area|
The row and column headings are listed below:
|AreaName||Row heading||Each area with venting will be listed here.|
|MassFlow||column heading||The combined area vents per unit time for the current step.|
|TotalMass||column heading||The accumulated Vents for the area (since last Vents reset, see Note 1 above)|
|Nodes (Units) with Vents (See note 2 above)|
|NodeCount||Display||The number of units with gas venting as mass loss.|
|SortNodes||Tickbox||If checked, the table will be sorted in alphabetical order.|
|The row and column headings are listed below:|
|Lossx||Row heading||each node (see note 4) with venting will be listed here. The list can be sorted by checking the "SortNodes" tickbox.|
|NodeTag||column heading||The Tag name of the unit / pipe where venting occurred|
|MassFlow||column heading||The venting per unit time for the current step.|
|TotalMass||column heading||The accumulated Vents for the node since last reset.|
|Loss||column heading||Counts the number of steps with venting for the node. (See Note 1 above)|
|First||column heading||Displays the step number in which the venting first occurred. (See Note 1 above)|
|Last||column heading||Displays the step number in which the most recent venting has occurred. (See Note 1 above)|