Navigation: User Guide ➔ Graphics
|Graphics||Graphics Symbols||Manipulating Graphics|
Latest SysCAD Version: 21 September 2021 - SysCAD 9.3 Build 139.29552
Graphical symbols are used in SysCAD to represent units on a flowsheet. Lines with arrows are used to represent links or pipes. This gives a visual indication of the connections between units and the type of units. Associated with each symbol or link in the graphics is a Tag which is used to access the configuration and results of the each model, refer to Access Window for more information.
Graphics Windows and Symbols
Graphical symbols to represent units on a flowsheet (including controllers) are inserted onto a Graphics Window. A single project may contain multiple graphics windows. The graphics used on a flowsheet are saved in a single DXF file. The colours of the graphics are used to represent status information of a model and can be customised, refer to Graphics Window for more information.
All graphical symbols available to be inserted into a SysCAD project must be saved in DXF format. Users can insert any symbol from the library of symbols included in the SysCAD installation or they can add their own symbols, refer to Graphics Symbols for more information.
Users can load their own DXF file containing 'dumb' graphics and then associate SysCAD models with these graphics using the Construct Graphics Commands.
- Graphical symbols can be inserted when SysCAD unit models are created using the Insert Unit command, or just a 'dumb' graphical symbol can be inserted using the Insert Symbol command.
- Once inserted, graphics can be scaled, rotated and moved, refer to Edit Graphics Commands for more information.
- Graphics flowsheets, sections or flowsheets and individual units may be copied and pasted using Copy and Paste Graphics Commands.
- Graphics can be deleted, with or without associated unit models, refer to Delete Graphics Commands for more information.
- Animation graphics that change due to changes in model results can be inserted and updated using the Animation Commands. Animations available include annotation tables, dynamic fills, dynamic bars and toggles.
- SysCAD unit/link models can be associated with 'dumb' graphics using the Construct Graphics Commands.