Navigation: User Guide ➔ Species Database
|Main||Editing User Species Database||Species Database Data Table - Theory and Equations||Viewing Properties|
|Species Database||Editing User |
|Importing data into Species Database||Species Table||Heat of Formation |
|Density||Specific Heat |
|Phase Change |
|BPE & |
|Species Properties Reports|
The SysCAD species database is where the user can define the thermodynamic data for chemical species to be used in the project. The chemical species can be anything from elemental species to pseudo-compounds.
There are two Species Database in SysCAD:
- Default.93.db3 - This is the distributed main database, stored in the \SysCADxxx\Base files folder. See BaseFiles Folder.
- This database contain some common chemical species for general use.
- We normally do not recommend editing this database as it will be overwritten if SysCAD is re-installed or the BaseFiles are updated. User specified properties will be lost if this file is overwritten.
- SysCAD.93.db3 - This is the project database, normally one of these files will be created per project group. See Project Structure.
- This database should contain all the chemical species to be used in the project.
- User can import data into this database from the Default.93.db3, other SysCAD project databases (SysCAD.93.db3) or other general SysCAD format databases (eg NASA_Glenn_Gas.93.db3). It is possible to import from HSC database. See Importing Data.
Editing Species Database
Please see Editing User Species Database for how to edit the species database.
Please also see Species Tags for species naming rules.
Adding Species to the Project
Once the species data are defined in the species database, species can be added to the project by selecting them in the project configuration file. For more information on this, please see Species Configuration.
Implementation in SysCAD
- Species Table - the list of thermodynamic properties that can be defined in the species database are described here.
- Editing Species Database - this shows how to edit the species database.
- Viewing Species Properties in SysCAD - The species properties can be viewed in SysCAD at user defined conditions.
- Species Properties Reports - Individual species properties can be exported for analysis.
- Species Table Properties Reports - The Species Table can be exported for analysis.