SysCAD USB License Key
|Licensing||USB License||Software License|
|Licensing Summary||License Options||CrypKey Licensing Software||Permanent Standalone License||Temporary Standalone License||Setting up Network License||Issuing Network License||Licensing Utility||Licensing Transfer|
Latest SysCAD Version: 15 November 2023 - SysCAD 9.3 Build 139.34246
SysCAD USB License Key
SysCAD USB License Keys are used for permanent Stand-alone licenses.
- Compared to the software license option, a USB License Key is a robust licensing option.
- A USB License Key is very convenient when using SysCAD on different desktops and laptops.
- A USB License Key is issued for the purchase of each stand-alone license – the USB License Key "is the SysCAD license".
- USB License Keys can be updated remotely with the purchase of additional license options.
- The USB License Key option is not available for Network licenses or short-term license leases.
- If a USB License Key is lost or stolen, Kenwalt will not be held responsible and the client will need to purchase a replacement SysCAD license. However, if the client has a current maintenance contract, Kenwalt will issue a temporary software license to cover a limited time period so that the client can search for the missing USB License Key or organise to purchase a replacement license.
- If a USB License Key is faulty, it can be mailed to Kenwalt who will replace the USB License Key. If the client has a current maintenance contract, this will be replaced for free and Kenwalt will issue a temporary software license to cover the time period while the faulty USB License Key is being replaced. If the client does not have a current maintenance contract, then they will need to pay an administration fee for their USB License Key to be replaced.
- If a USB License Key has been formatted/cleared or physically damaged by the client, it can be mailed to Kenwalt who will replace the USB License Key after the client has paid an administration fee. If the client has a current maintenance contract, Kenwalt will issue a temporary software license to cover the time period while the damaged USB License Key is being replaced.
Using a USB License Key
USB License Key Limitations
- USB License Keys can only be used with SysCAD 9.2 and later.
- USB License Keys can only be used for stand-alone licenses.
USB License Key Update
- If you have received a USB License Key requiring an update you will need to contact Kenwalt to send you the update files.
- You will then be sent an executable file
- This file will be zipped and placed into the client "Basecamp" folder.
- The client can then download this file and unzip it into an empty folder (usually a temporary folder) on the C: drive of a PC.
- The USB License Key should then be inserted before running the executable file.
- Do NOT run the application directly from the winzip (or compressed) folder.
- The temporary folder MUST be on the C: drive of the computer.
Troubleshooting USB License Key Issues
If a USB License Key is not recognised, try the following:
- Try a different USB port on the PC
- Check that the USB License Key can be seen in File Explorer as a removable drive
- Try the USB License Key on a different PC
- Try testing the USB License Key with SysCAD application and with SysCAD License Utility (syscad.exe)
- Some USB License Keys issued with Build 135 may not be recognised in later Builds. Contact Kenwalt and provide the serial number of the USB License Key. An update can be provided to enable the USB License Key.
If none of the above are working, then the USB Key maybe faulty. Please send an email to [email protected] with the following details:
- Describe the problems you are experiencing with the USB key.
- Confirm you have checked the items on the "Troubleshooting USB License Key Issues" list.
- If possible, screenshots of the error messages would be helpful.
- Clients with a current SysCAD maintenance agreement can also request a temporary software license while the USB License key issue is being resolved.
- Note: The software license key is only available to users using a current version of SysCAD, see SysCAD Software License for more information.
The SysCAD team will be in contact with you soon to resolve the issue.