Basic Tutorial - Chemical Reactions
|THE VIDEOS HERE SUPPLEMENT THE SysCADBasicTutorial.pdf, LOCATED IN THE SysCADxxx\Tutorial FOLDER. REFER TO SysCADBasicTutorial FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.|
Related Links: Reaction Block (RB), Reaction Editor, Reaction Block - Individual Reactions, Reaction Block - Extents, Reaction Block - HOR & Energy, Reaction Block - Other, Reaction Block - Solving Reactions, Reaction Block Energy Balance
- 1 Section 5 Overview
- 2 Turn on Reactions in a Unit
- 3 Add a Reaction using the SysCAD Reaction Editor
- 4 Reaction Troubleshooting
- 5 Individual Reaction Information
- 6 Extra Reaction Block Information
- 7 Additional Topic: Adding a Source to the Reaction Editor
- 8 Additional Topic: Adding a Sink to the Reaction Editor
- 9 Additional Topic: Adding Heat Exchange to the Reaction Editor
- 10 Additional Topic: Adding a Reaction Group to the Reaction Editor
Section 5 Overview
Please use these videos together with Section 5 of the Basic SysCAD Tutorial, which is distributed with the SysCAD full install.
We will continue to use the project that we have constructed and modified in Sections 2, 3 and 4.
You will need to add the following Reactions (given in the Tutorial in Section 5.3) to the Autoclave unit model:
|1||NiO(s) + H2SO4(aq)||=||NiSO4(aq) + H2O(l)||Fraction||NiO(s)||0.95|
|2||CoO(s) + H2SO4(aq)||=||CoSO4(aq) + H2O(l)||Fraction||CoO(s)||0.95|
|3||MgO(s) + H2SO4(aq)||=||MgSO4(aq) + H2O(l)||Fraction||MgO(s)||1|
|4||Na2CO3(s) + H2SO4(aq)||=||Na2SO4(aq) + H2O(l) + CO2(g)||Final Conc.||NaCO3(s)||2.75|
Please ensure that the SysCAD Reaction Editor is set up as the Reaction Editor in the General Options window (it is normally installed and set as the default when you install SysCAD).
- Please see Reaction Editor if you require help to install or set this up as the default editor.
- You only have to set this up once on your computer and thereafter it will always default to the SysCAD Reaction Editor.
Turn on Reactions in a Unit
Add a Reaction using the SysCAD Reaction Editor
This video shows you how to add the first reaction using the Reaction Editor.
Please add the remaining 3 reactions shown in the table at the start of this section yourself.
Individual Reaction Information
Extra Reaction Block Information
Additional Topic: Adding a Source to the Reaction Editor
Additional Topic: Adding a Sink to the Reaction Editor
Additional Topic: Adding Heat Exchange to the Reaction Editor
Additional Topic: Adding a Reaction Group to the Reaction Editor