ETip: Quick View Excel Report Template
SysCAD reports are generated in Excel using SysCAD report 'keywords' and a list of SysCAD tags. The 'keywords' are usually typed manually into Excel while the tags are usually copied one by one from SysCAD into Excel. A quick and easy way of copying a Report template to Excel via the clipboard is to use the Quick View Editor.
- Open the unit model 'Access Window'.
- Select the 'Quick View' button to open the 'Quick View Editor' window.
- Edit the tag list by adding or removing variables, refer to 'Add Variables to Quick View' ;
- Copy the report template information to 'Clipboard' by clicking on the 'Tags Horizontal' or 'Tags Vertical' button. For more detail refer to 'Quick View - Copy Data for Excel Reports'.
- Open Excel and paste the report information in the desired location.
- Finally, link and run the report, refer to 'Adding an Excel Report to SysCAD' and 'Executing an Excel Report', respectively.
Did you know
- By using this method you can quickly create a report which details the 'Quick View' data for all the streams in your project.
- By editing either the 'Quick View' or the Excel report directly you can easily add or remove variables from the report.