Navigation: User Guide ➔ Data Libraries
For SysCAD there are various databases or data libraries. These are typically shared by groups of projects or used by the SysCAD application itself.
The main database of interest is for the thermodynamic data for the compounds used in the projects. This file is called SysCAD.93.db3 and is located with the configuration file and is shared by a group of projects which use the same configuration (.cfg) file.
Each project will be linked to a configuration (.cfg) file and a corresponding database called SysCAD.93.db3. All projects under the same project group will share the same SysCAD.93.db3 file. The user may define physical and thermodynamic data for the compounds selected. The database of compounds is typically larger than the list of compounds actually used in the project. In other words you may build a database for general use and include a subset of the compounds in projects.
Data in this database can be imported from other SysCAD databases or from the distributed example database default.db3 which is located in the BaseFiles folder. If you have a legal copy of the HSC database, you can import data from this 3rd party database directly. Finally, data in the SysCAD.93.db3 file may be added or modified manually.
SysCAD.93.db3 must be located in the same folder as the .cfg file. This folder is usually named "CfgFiles", and all users must have full access rights to this folder and files.
Note: It is the responsibility of the user to check that all the thermodynamic and related data for the compounds used is correct for the full temperature range of interest.
There are two tables stored in the SysCAD.93.db3 file:
For information on editing the data in these see Editing SysCAD Database
- Databases for Thermodynamic Calculation Engine (TCE) packages:
- For users using the PHREEQC Add-On, there must be a folder with containing the PHREEQC database files, this folder can be stored in any location, however, the recommended location would be with the project group.
- For users using the ChemApp Add-On, there must be a folder with containing the ChemApp dat / cst files, this folder can be stored in any location, however, the recommended location would be with the project group.
- For users using the AQSol Add-On, there must be a folder with containing the AQSolXXX.dat files provided by AQSol, this folder can be stored in any location, however, the recommended location would be with the project group.
- Graphics Database
- Conversions Database - BasefilesUser\conversions.db3 - This database stores user defined conversions units that can be used by the user (with access to the BasefileUser folder on the local machine).
- This differs from the Conversions Table stored inside the SysCAD.93.db3, which applies to the project group only.