Jump to navigation Jump to search
|PHREEQC Overview||PHREEQC Model Configuration||PHREEQC Direct Calc Model||PHREEQC Side Calc Model||PHREEQC Reactor|
New for Build 138. Currently in BETA - contact SysCAD for demonstrations or further information.
PHREEQC is a computer program that is designed to perform a wide variety of aqueous geochemical calculations.
- It is developed and maintained by the United States Geological Survey. (refer to wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc for further information)
- It is assumed that the user has some familiarity with the theory and use of the PHREEQC program. It is recommended that PHREEQC is installed.
- This SysCAD add-on (in ScdPHREEQC.DLL) requires the SysCAD "Energy Balance" and "SMDK Runtime" add-ons.
- PHREEQC is used in a flexible way in Unit or Control models at appropriate locations in a plant model. It is not implemented as a Species Properties Model.
PHREEQC unit models:
- PHREEQC Model Configuration - Used to define and view various options for the selected PHREEQC database, including management of mapping of SysCAD species list to species list used in PHREEQC.
- PHREEQC Direct Calc Model - Stand alone unit model to perform side calculations using PHREEQC for predicting aqueous chemistry equilibrium conditions and properties including pH on a user defined PHREEQC stream.
- PHREEQC Side Calc Model - Stand alone unit model to perform side calculations using PHREEQC for predicting aqueous chemistry equilibrium conditions and properties including pH on a SysCAD stream in the current project.
- PHREEQC Reactor - Include this model in a SysCAD stream to use PHREEQC to calculate predicted outlet conditions. Functionality is similar to SysCAD Reaction Block and FEM where for a given feed reactions occur with optional heat exchange. The model can be configured in a number of ways for different purposes.