Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AQSol Overview||AQSol Model Configuration||AQSol Direct Calc Model||AQSol Side Calc Model||AQSol Reactor|
New for Build 138. Currently in BETA - contact SysCAD for demonstrations or further information.
The AQSol program can be used for general phase equilibrium calculations and process simulations for aqueous solutions.
- The AQSol software is developed and maintained by Aqueous Solutions ApS, Søborg, Denmark, (refer to www.phasediagram.dk for further information).
- It is assumed that the user has some familiarity with the theory and use of the AQSol program.
- This SysCAD add-on (in ScdAQSol.DLL) requires the SysCAD "Energy Balance" and "SMDK Runtime" add-ons. An AQSol License is also required.
- AQSol must be installed on the computer for the add-on to work. AQSol001 can be downloaded (from www.phasediagram.dk/products) and installed and used for evaluation purposes with a standard SysCAD license.
- To ensure SysCAD can access the AQSol DLLs, they should either be placed in SysCAD bin folder or their location should be in the system path.
- You can check the system path at: Control Panel > System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables > Path > Edit...
- AQSol is used in a flexible way in Unit or Control models at appropriate locations in a plant model. It is not implemented as a Species Properties Model.
AQSol Unit models:
- AQSol Model Configuration - Used to define and view various options for the selected AQSol database, including management of mapping of SysCAD species list to species list used in AQSol.
- AQSol Direct Calc Model - Stand alone unit model to perform side calculations using AQSol for predicting aqueous chemistry equilibrium conditions and properties on a user defined AQSol stream.
- AQSol Side Calc Model - Stand alone unit model to perform side calculations using AQSol for predicting aqueous chemistry equilibrium conditions and properties on a SysCAD stream in the current project.
- AQSol Reactor - Include this model in a SysCAD stream to use AQSol to calculate predicted outlet conditions. Functionality is similar to SysCAD Reaction Block and FEM where for a given feed reactions occur with optional heat exchange. The model can be configured in a number of ways for different purposes.