Navigation: User Guide ➔ Upgrading Projects
|SysCAD Project Upgrade||SysCAD Version History||Recommended Project Upgrade Procedure||SysCAD Upgrade Tag Changes||Upgrade Changes that Affect Results||Discontinued Functionality|
Latest SysCAD Version: 03 May 2021 - SysCAD 9.3 Build 138.28537
Related Links: Revision History
SysCAD version is made up of three parts, for example: SysCAD 9.3 Build:139.28529
- Version: SysCAD 9.3
- Major Build Number: 139
- Build Number: 28529
Converting Projects - Version Change
The most recent Version change is from SysCAD 9.2 to SysCAD 9.3. As this is a major change, we recommended that a user upgrades projects in a step wise fashion.
WARNING: upgraded projects are not backward compatible, please keep backups of the project in each of the following steps.
- Solve the project in its current build SysCAD 9.2.
- The last released Major build in SysCAD 9.2 is Build135, user should make sure the project is solved and saved to this build before upgrading to SysCAD 9.3.
- Follow the instructions given in Upgrade to SysCAD 9.3 to upgrade to latest version of SysCAD 9.3 Build 136.
- This step will take time as there are many changes.
- Please complete the upgrade, solve, and check the results in build136 before upgrading to Build137.
- The Build 136 project should upgrade smoothly to Build 137. please follow instructions in Recommended Project Upgrade Procedure for step by step instructions.
- The Build 137 project should upgrade smoothly to Build 138. please follow instructions in Recommended Project Upgrade Procedure for step by step instructions.
- Please complete the upgrade, solve, and check the results in build137 before upgrading to Build138.
- Please also check Build 138 Release Notes, Build138 Changes that may Affect Results and Build138 Tag Changes
- When upgrading from SysCAD 137 to SysCAD 138, you may encounter the error messages: Model DLL 'XBasic.dll' not Found, Invalid Model DLL List, please see missing DLL for instructions on how to fix the issue.
- Please complete the upgrade, solve, and check the results in build138 before continuing.
- Before upgrading to Build 139, please follow instructions given here to make sure the project is ready to be upgraded to Build139.
- When a Build 138 Project is upgraded to Build139, some format and file location will change, the follow files will be moved to new subfolders:
- All Graphics pages will be moved to the new subfolder: DocsGraphics.
- All Trend pages will be moved to the new subfolder: DocsTrend
- Other.dat is renamed to Controls.Data and exclusively contains PGM & MP data.
- Changes that may Affect Results
- Project Upgrade and Tag Changes
- Discontinued Model/Functionality
Upgrading Projects - Major Build Change
When upgrading project within the same version number (eg 9.3 Build137 to Build138), the procedure is relatively simple.
- Check the Release Notes for the major build you are upgrading to
- Follow instructions given in Recommended Project Upgrade Procedure
If have skipped a major build update, eg: need to upgrade from Build136 to Build138, then we recommended upgrading the projects in a step wise fashion, as shown in Converting Projects - Version Change. Please follow steps there (where applicable) to upgrade between major builds.
Upgrading Project - Build Change
When upgrading project within the same build number (eg 9.3 Build138.28027 to Build138.28364), the procedure is relatively simple. Please check the Revision History for SysCAD 9.3 for any bug fixes, if the bug fixes applies to your project, then please check the results and correct any reports. If nothing is applicable, then usually there will be no impact to your project.