Related Links: Find Units using Query
Command Path: Edit - Quick Find
Short Cut Key Ctrl+F
This command is used to locate a unit on the Graphics Window.
It opens a Quick Find window listing all available tags in the project:
The user may find the tag by:
- Starting the Quick Find command, either by clicking on the button, or using the command path or the short cut keys;
- Type the Tag name into the filter - SysCAD will show a list of tags that match the tag as the user types, as shown above;
- All tags matching the entered value will be highlighted in the Secondary highlighting colour - in the image above, the links that match P12 are all shown in green;
- Click on the required tag in the list and the corresponding unit will change to the primary highlighting colour (magenta). In the image above this is P126;
- If the user double-clicks on the required tag the Quick Find window will close and the Access window of the required unit will open.
Quick Find Options
- By clicking in the 'Graphic' check box the user may choose to hide or display the Graphics window on which the Tag exists.
- By clicking in the 'Unit Type' check box the user may choose to hide or display the type of unit associated with each Tag.
- The Graphic Filter allows the user to select the graphics that must be searched to find the required tag(s).
- The Tag Filter allows the user to specify how, or if, the filter works with the entered text.'
: Opens the Copy to Clipboard dialog window