Build 139 Revision History
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains details of all revisions since the initial release of SysCAD 9.3 Build 139.
SysCAD 9.3 Build 139 Revision History
- Released 22 September 2021
- Improved user experience when working with multiple projects and cfg files. When editing or selecting a project Configuration (cfg) file there is a new "Last Accessed" column showing when a cfg file was last used (ie used by a project load, or cfg file edited). Select any column header to sort by the column.
- Improve project load and save to support a large number of RB reactions (and associated reaction species).
- Significantly improve implementation (speed) of setting bulk tags using COM Automation API function TagValues.SetValues(...).
- Fix for Project Save-As / Save-Version where selected unused (un-referenced) files were not copied across to the new project folder.
- Released 14 September 2021
- All Historian files are now all located in a sub-folder of the project. On first project save in this Build, the existing historian files are moved to the new "Historian" folder resulting in a more organised project folder.
- Gibbs FEM "Assign Phases" action button updated to apply to all species rather than selected species only.
- Improvements for condensing mode with non-condensibles for Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger 2. For two of the CondensingMethod options ("Demand (UA)" and "Demand (UA & TubeT)") when non-condensibles are present in Shell feed, the model was evaluated at total pressure (SatT@P) instead of at partial pressure (SatT@PP). This causes a difference (proportional to non-condensibles fraction) in shell operating temperature and heat transfer. For backward compatibility an option "IgnoreNoncondensables" is provided. A warning message is given when non-condensibles are present and the old method (using total P) is used to alert the user to this condition. In these cases the recommended fix is to switch off "IgnoreNoncondensables" and resolve/retune the model.
- Fix for TagSelect reports not reporting correct DirectLink tags in results.
- Improvements in PHREEQC: output calculated gas fugacity, improvements in managing gas pure phase solubility calculations. Note that SysCAD-PHREEQC interface only supports pure phase gas solubility at this time. Thus, for any gas solubility to be calculated correctly, it must be the only gas present in the vapour phase. For insoluble gases, such as N2, the error is small if it is in a vapour mixture. However, the error is large for reactive and/or soluble gases, such as O2 and NH3, when in a vapour mixture.
- Released 6 September 2021
- For graphics Redraw Link and Reroute Link improved logic and user interface when selecting a "non standard" (ie "constructed") pipe graphics.
- New option in pipes to block demand transfer when the required demand flow (Qm_Demand.Dst) is small (less than PlantModel.DemandThresholdQm).
- Released 1 September 2021
- Implemented new user option to zip a project. This is available in main Project menu - Zip Project or from 'Zip Project' button in project window (on Files tab page).
- For Separation Models (Thickeners, Filters, SolidsRecovery, etc), added optional outlet stream displays for QOF, QUF, QCake, QTailings, etc.
- If underlying data type of a drop list is a string (eg XPG_001.ConnectTo P_001.EHX.Model), then do not show RHS integer values in displayed dropdown list. The purpose is to make it clearer that tag can't be set by integer value from PGM, Excel, etc. In addition, the tooltip window shown when mouse hovers over the drop list field includes 'Underlying tag is a String type' in description.
- In Access window, when using context menu option "Copy Tag for PGM" for any string tag (including dropdown list with underlying string) the clipboard value is now [Str "fulltag"].
- Released 27 August 2021
- Implemented locks to prevent multiple users (or SysCAD instances) of the same project (i.e. same local or network folder location) being saved simultaneously and corrupting the project data. Also delay (or prevent) project load if another user is busy saving.
- For Thermodynamic Calculation Engine (TCE) Models, added new options for selecting actions to be followed when encountering unmapped species for forward- and reverse-mapping.
- Precipitation3 Agglomeration - include power term for solids volume fraction in Agglom kernel. Added fine tuning factor.
- Released 25 August 2021
- First full release of Build 139. See Build 139 Release Notes for full list of changes and new features
Build 29334 (BETA)
- Released 19 August 2021
- Improved support and error handling for very long full path and filenames, especially for errors caused by loss of graphics flowsheet pages.
- Improved Alumina Precipitator3 Agglomeration options including new Kernel Builder options.
- Fix for Composition Fetch where the entered tag was from a Discard Sink.
- Correctly handle energy balance (exit temperatures) in Reverse Osmosis (RO) Unit where heat of dilution occurs.
- EHX methods in pipes in dynamic mode that specify pipe diameter and length, now correctly use these values (they were ignored).
- Some improvements in Copy & Paste of flowsheet graphics and data.
- During project load, added an extra user feedback message on Species Database tab of Message Window for when user has selected "Ignore Data" for a species property in the cfg file.
- Miscellaneous Beta version bug and feature fixes.
Build 29199 (BETA)
- Released 28 July 2021
- Bug fix for Change Unit.
- New optional Vent outlet connection for FEM Reactor.
- Improved organisation of Access window tags and options in TCE Models Configuration for species mapping.
- Limit pH output to 7.0 for Acidity (pH) calculation for very low OH- or H+ concentrations.
Build 29102 (BETA)
- Released 15 July 2021
- Log and debug files now go to project subfolder \LogOutputs. If opening multiple copies of same project, additional folders are created to avoid conflicts.
- Improved handling for very large (>300) number of graphics/trend pages.
- Additional Gibbs Free Energy Minimisation (FEM) warnings when S25 for species is not specified.
- Improved TCE loading, multithreading, Ion Mapping and error handling.
- IonList.txt file used in TCE projects must now be located in the CfgFiles folder. If file is missing, the file located in BaseFiles folder is copied to CfgFiles folder. For TCE projects IonList.txt is now included in backup zip file with project save and displayed in list of files in Project window.
- New option BulkSetTagsValidation in General Controller (default ON) which affects how all tags are set in referenced models at the end of PGM execution. If new option is ON then validation of model tags data occurs after setting all the values. If this option is OFF (original behaviour) then after each tag value is set, the data is immediately validated. The new option is more efficient and fixes error for setting interdependent tags (e.g. species composition fractions in a feeder).
- For new low temperature (below 0C) Cp and Density implement options on PlantModel.Species, implement logic to initialise correctly based on original project temperature range.
- Updates for new Material Body model.
- Simplified Dynamic Solver Setup Dialog and related tags in $Solver Method tab page simplified options. Removed StepsPerUpdate option. Added user specified min and max dynamic step sizes.
- When using a species model other than Standard in a Makeup Source, then the Makeup Block now selects Makeup Source SpModel if the feed to the MakeupBlock is using Standard SpModel.
Build 28898 (BETA)
- Released 10 Jun 2021